- it contains various resources of information supporting the college degree programs.
- is also known as foreign books/ foreign materials..
- materials which are written by foreign authors.
- materials about Philippines,
- materials which are written by Filipinos.
-materials published in the Philippines.
-materials composed of foreign fiction stories in the form novels, tales, etc. usually used for leisure reading.
- compose of foreign and local materials such as magazines, journals and newspapers.
-materials which signified by instructor/professors to be the major or related references in particular subject.
- an information that also produces in formats other than print.
- this includes audio cassettes, filmstrips, microfilm, phono discs, videodiscs, compact discs, kits, records, transparencies, microfiches, slides, DVD’s, audio books, music scores, and deocassettes.
- materials such as dictionaries, encyclopedias, yearbooks, handbooks, almanacs, directories, atlases , etc.
- Dictionary-gives information about words, classified into general language dictionary and special or subject.
- Encyclopedias-provides background information in all field of knowledge, while special subjects provide information in a single area.
- Geographical- a geographical dictionary which lists places and physical features.
- Yearbooks - are annual compendiums of data and statistics in a given year.
- Almanacs- is an annual publication of statistics and other information, which will inevitably cover materials of previous years.
- Bibliography dictionary-contains bibliographical sketches or the factual information of the lives of notable persons arranged alphabetically by surname, the same way words arranged in a dictionary.
- Handbooks-are handy reference sources that provide miscellaneous information about a specific area of interest or topic.
- Manuals- are reference sources that contain instructions for doing any activity.
- Directories – are lists of names of persons, organizations usually arranged in alphabetical order that provide information such as addresses, telephone numbers, etc. of individual organizations or institutions.
- Indexes- it is a detailed and systematically arranged list of names, terms, topics, or other references about each item which enable one to be identified and traced.
- Government publications- are good sources of information which regards to the organization and administration of our government, their operations and activities. These provide us also with statistical information.
- consumable materials such as trade catalogs, telephone books, calendars, coloring books, comics, write-in books, cut out books, etc.
THESIS AND DISSERTATION Materials
- is a culmination of a master’s or Ph.D. degree.
-presents the research that the student performed for a degree, its purpose is to help the student secure the degree.