ANNOUNCEMENTS / NEWS UPDATES
WVSU in Pototan aiming for 2nd Level AACUP Accredition
West Visayas State University Pototan Campus is applying for the 2nd Level Accreditation under the AACUP. With the fast approaching scheduled visit of the accreditors, everyone in the school is hardly preparing their respective documents and other requirements for the accreditation.
To establish a library that serves a generating source of information and knowledge with globally responsive resource and services, to support instruction, research and extension services and resource generating of the institution.
Cognizant of its vision, the College Library must provide sufficient volumes of print and non-print materials to support curricular offerings including the latest advancement in technology that will respond to quality technology that will respond to quality instruction, research extension and resource generation services to serve local, national and global needs.
- To acquire books and other library materials that will support and reinforce the curriculum and will meet the needs, abilities, and interest of students;
- To guide customers in their choice of books and other materials of learning to meet both personal and curricular needs;
- To develop in students skills, and resourcefulness in the use of books and libraries and to encourage the habit of personal investigation;
- To encourage lifelong education through the use of library resources; and
- To work cooperatively with the administrator, teachers and other school personnel for the realization of the above given objectives.
WVSU as one of the TOP universities in Southeast Asia.
To produce globally competetive life-long learners.
University Core Values:
SERVICE HARMONY EXCELLENCE
- is creative and critical thinkers
- is an effective and responsible communicator
- has uncompromised personal and professional ethical standards
- is technologically skilled
- has teaming and collaborative skills
- is socially responsible and has strong national identity
- is globally competetive
A graduate of WVSU Pototan Campus must have demonstrated:
- the knowledge, skills and attributes of global standards for the leadership in the different fields of study;
- the ability to communicated effectively, think critically and creatively and make informed decisions;
- the skill in the use of technology in the highest standards of professional and ethical principles;
- the facility int he conduct of research of international standards;
- strong commitment in extension and community immersion activities; and
- living in harmony and peace with people and environment.